Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tradmark – Back to the Source



Rate:8/10

It’s a record you won’t play once. This is a good quality electronica with a funky vibe (sometimes too plastic for me, as if in the Francesco Malti), but other ways pretty danceable. It’s quite difficult to point out one definite hit from the album because every song is professionally crafted, but I liked the bass and the old school minimal-techno feeling of Don’t Stop and pretty the same in Rework. I didn’t hovewer like too soft-jazz atmosphere of Mood for December Rendered (just to much saxophone and other corny stuff, I’m afraid), though it may be only my humble opinion.
In general, it’s a record to remember and an artist to look for when he’ll release some other stuff. However, there are little drawbacks it doesn’t hinder a positive opinion I have about Back to the Source. I’d also listen to Tradmark’s live act as well. It could be some pleasure.
Overall, it’s an eight for me.

Ok. Stay tuned,

gz.

No comments:

 

Blog Counter