Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Major Major – major major



Rate:10/10

I need to say that this record what quite a surprise to me. Sometimes it’s hard to find a record that sounds really modern at jamendo, and I’m not surprised that major major’s tune has landed up at the top spot of jamendo best hundred records recently. As it sounds, the guys have done their homework well. One may recognize the sound of Muse, The Mars Volta or Franz Ferdinand here. Moreover, the songs are quite neatly composed and very professionally performed. Almost every tune here has a nice ring, and it’s hard to choose once favourite, but if I have to I’ll point up some of the highlights. I loved the first moments of Chinese Drop, sentimentally reminding me of Roxy Music songs, and I pretty much enjoyed the energy of Blind – which reminds me some of The Jets recordings. I have to mention also the end of the record, Undone, a very nice piece with the piano and At The Drive-In like guitar blast.
Taking all under considerations it’s 10, although I’d give 9 and a half, because I miss a wall of sound here a bit. The songs are a bit underproduced, but well... it’s not a professional album, and in times before the web 2.0 if one would hear such demo he would judge it as great.
Stay cool,

Galaktycznyzwiad.

No comments:

 

Blog Counter