Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pharmacopia – For the Stilling of Volcanoes



Rate: 7/10

The tunes on the record are good, but I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t have few remarks. First the good things – the Lp is undoubtedly a piece of solid and very climatic acid-jazz. It has a soft mood and nice melodies. The problem is that the record is too long and because of that one piece becomes a copy of another one. The tunes are so soft and easy that after a while it becomes nothing more than a background and, frankly speaking, you cannot remember if you had heard a particular composition or not. However, the album has its highlights. Samadhi with nice ethnic drumbeat, Long Time Baby with smokey woman vocals and For The Stilling of Volcanoes with pleasant keyboard combo in it, are definitely highly recommendable. But when Optico Angelica begins, it all becomes quite dull and I wanted to switch into another record. If I were the band, I would add two more tracks, and then I would split it up into two albums. It’s a solid music and technically skillful, but it’s just too much of it, however I think it would be more acceptable while listening in concerto.

my regards,

galaktycznyzwiad

No comments:

 

Blog Counter